Thursday 17 April 2014

Yonex R-50

Part of Yonex's Rexking Series of racquets, which includes some legendary sticks that I will feature in future posts. The R-50 is of a graphite/siliconcarbide construction and offers good flexibility.  Apparently, it was developed for Pat Cash after he signed with Yonex from Prince and he used it in 1988. The Tennis Warehouse Forum notes that lots of testing was done by Pat and Ian Barclay at Queens Club indoors to come up with the Specs for this frame.

I've used this one a few times...great spin as you would expect from Yonex, but control is more difficult especially at the net.  It also has a smallish sweetspot in my view.  That aside, it is enjoyable to use and generates good power.

3 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    I have a yonex R-7. Was wondering if you know the technical specs. Thanks for posting your racket collection. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your kind comment Leo. I do not know the specs for the R-7. I have the Yonex RD 7, but this has not yet been uploaded to the site.

      Delete
  2. Do you happen to know the weight of the racket? I'm looking for a heavy racket, and I wanted to know how heavy this one is. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete