Wednesday 9 April 2014

Wilson Aggressor

Wilson Aggressor
Picked this little gem up from a secondhand shop...instantly recognised the black, gold and orange colouring that signalled that it was related to Wilson's Pro Staff line.

From what I have discovered online, the Agressor was one of a series Wilson produced around 1985-6 and included the Avenger (£60 approx), Aggressor (£80 approx), Staff (£100 approx) and the all-time classic PS85 (£130).

The aggressor is 80 per cent graphite and 20 per cent fibre glass.  Head size is 85 sq. inches from what I can tell and it is head light.

Haven't tried it yet so watch this space...update - now had a chance to play with the Aggressor.  Great plough through as you might expect and generates good top spin. Feels very much like the classic Pro Staff 85 and 110 rackets (I have the 110 and it will feature in a future post).  A tad heavy for me, especially when serving which puts stress on my wrist, but this may just be a reaction to playing with ligher, more modern racquets and in time I will get used to it.  But like it a lot and glad I found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment