Sunday 1 November 2015

Wilson Hammer 6.2 Stretch (aka 'The Skunk')


The distinctive black and white paint job of 'The Skunk'
A racket I picked up recently for a couple of euros...one that I had heard a lot about.  In fact, I used it this morning for the first time and won my match.  Firstly, it offers good control combined with good plough through due to its head heavy balance. Being a bit longer it means you can hit the ball higher/earlier on the toss, which helped me make fewer double faults because the angle of the ball leaving the racquet was narrower and so reduces the likelihood of hitting long.  Getting familiar with the longer frame will no doubt take a bit more practice because the swing pattern is slightly different from my normal game, but this stick could definitely become a favourite of mine.

1 comment:

  1. Tennis a big fun sport that has been played by a number of young players around the US. And of course Tennis attracts a lot of audience and I am one of those who love tennis, I have also bought best tennis rackets from brands like Wilson, Prince, Head, Babolat, etc..

    https://thepickleballpaddle.com/head-microgel-radical-racket-review/

    ReplyDelete