Sunday 10 August 2014

Snauwaert Hi-Ten 30


The Snauwaert Hi-Ten 30 is one I picked up from a charity shop/thrift store for a few pounds, so imagine my surprise when I I found the same racket priced on eb** for quite a bit more.  Snauwaert's innovative reputation is demonstrated here by the extraordinary 12 x 13 stringing pattern.  The large space between strings means this racquet can generate considerable bite and put heavy spin on a ball.  The strings too are incredibly thick.  I have not used this one much - it is more of a talking point in my collection than a stick I use. Plus, I am not sure that if a string broke I could find replacement gut of the same gauge for it.  The Hi-Ten was one of a number in the Hi-Ten range that were notable for their spin potential.  Definitely the most collectable of the sticks in this collection.




The thick gauge of  string that features on the Snauwaert Hi-Ten 30 racket














No comments:

Post a Comment