Friday 4 July 2014

Yonex RQ-380

The once loved racquet of Ms Monica Seles
As the caption notes, the Yonex RQ-380 was once used by Monica Seles.  I have used this one a few times and it is a powerful racquet - what some might refer to as a 'rocket launcher'.  I bought in on e*** so it was not a thrift store discover unfortunately - but it was fairly cheap.  It is a widebody
frame so the thickest part of the frame is across the 3 to 9 O'clock axis and the shoulders.  The thickness of the frame is probably why I don't use it as much as I might - I prefer thinner frames which you find with the old 80s graphites and the more modern players' sticks.  This is a players' stick of course and one I will be rediscovering this weekend to, hopefully, beef up my serve and forehand. But it is not a favourite of mine in terms of it weighting.  But for raw power, look no further!

No comments:

Post a Comment